Clinical Teacher - Education
Ballarat Health Services
Ballarat Central, VIC
Centre of Education & Training
Fixed term Full Time & Part time (.5EFT) position
76 hours per fortnight full time, 40 hours per fortnight part time
Expression of interests are invited for the Clinical Teacher position in the Centre for Education and Training 76 hour per fortnight.
This position will provide support and supervision to undergraduate nursing students within BHS across ALL site, including acute services (medical/surgical and speciality areas) subacute and residential care. You will be responsible for providing direct clinical support and instructions, liaising with nursing staff supporting learners, liaising with NUM and NIC in relation to the delegation of learners, helping nursing students develop their learning and confidence, and assessing learners against their standards of practice.
The Clinical Teacher will:
- Facilitate clinical workplace experience at the bedside with the student while participating in patient and client care.
- Working with 1st 2nd and 3rd year RN nursing students, 4th year double degree, and 1st 2nd year EN nursing students from multiple Education Provider Partners.
- Liaise with the Clinical Placement Co-Ordinator & Director of Nursing Clinical Education and Practice Development in relation to student placements, rostering of students, and the recording of data on PlaceRight.
- Co-ordinate and manage the allocated student roster to maintain a current, accurate data base of information.
- Collate and write reports using accurate performance criteria as required in relation to the student placement, this includes formative and summative assessments and mid and final placement feedback.
- Work within the Best Practice Clinical Learning Environment framework.
- Work under the direction of the DCEPD/CPC for any other matters as seen applicable to the student placement not listed above.
The successful applicant will have:
- Sound clinical skills and ability to teach basic foundation transferable skills in ALL clinical areas within acute, subacute and residential.
- Have an understanding of the Best Practice Clinical Learning Environment framework and how it relates to the role of a Clinical Teacher.
- An attention to detail and delivering person centred care.
- Willingness to complete the Foundation & Intermediate Clinical Support Supervision program if not already achieved.
- Desirable a Cert IV In TAE or working towards
Applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e-recruit portal. If you have any further enquiries please contact Teagan Green via email Teagan.Green@bhs.org.au
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: