Job Title : Placement Liaison Officer
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS656802
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Wanneroo Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and committed Placement Liaison Officer to join the Western Workplace Learning team at our Joondalup Campus.
In this role you will assist in the placement and monitoring of students in workplace learning programs. You will liaise with work placement sites, develop industry/community links, and liaise with multiple stakeholders to ensure the effective management of placements, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are highly regarded for this role. Effective planning and organisational skills would be beneficial to this role as the successful applicant will be required to administer records and databases using a variety of software packages and assist in the planning of work placements. The successful applicant will also provide advice and communicate with the school and parents to ensure suitable outcomes for the students.
Wanneroo SC is committed to the education, both academically and socially, of every student who walks through our doors. We consider our staff and students our greatest assets - our teachers are experienced and highly skilled, and our students are friendly, inclusive and always striving for excellence. Our innovative curriculum allows us to cater for all students' talents and ambitions. Constant improvement in literacy and numeracy standards is one of our highest priorities. The college offers a variety of pathways and programs to students to develop their talents and engage them in schooling.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Gail Bennett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6401 9800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a current ‘C’ or ‘C.A.’ class driver’s licence
- Hold or obtain a valid White Card
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: