Job Title : Program Coordinator - Senior School
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
Mount Helena, WA
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA672168
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Eastern Hills Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to fill the position of Program Coordinator - Senior School.
The Program Coordinator provides high quality leadership to staff, and leads and manages programs, processes and resources as articulated in the school Business Plan.
As a member of the leadership team, the Program Coordinator provides educational leadership in the school and the community by assisting the Principal and members of the administrative team in promoting the school vision of excellence in teaching through evidence-based practice, continuous improvement, and a positive learning environment, and encouraging staff and community members to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals. The Program Coordinator leads the development of innovative programs, processes and practice to achieve strong student outcomes, and is accountable to the Principal for the effective management of their area of responsibility.
The successful applicant will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to evaluate programs and processes, analyse relevant performance data, and develop strategic plans to achieve optimum outcomes. The Program Coordinator will ideally be a highly competent classroom teacher, modelling excellent classroom management and instructional skills, promoting a culture of professional growth and school-wide improvement.
The Program Coordinator takes on areas of responsibility determined by the Principal. Responsibilities may change over time according to the needs of the school, and include teaching as required.
Through 2021 and possibly beyond, the Program Coordinator will take up a role within the school’s Student Services team and lead and manage areas of responsibility as determined by the Principal. These include management of student behaviour and well-being, student attendance, student case management, and staff development and support. Applicants should also possess knowledge and skills in these areas.
Eastern Hills SHS is located on the outer margin of the metropolitan area serving the communities within the Shire of Mundaring and the eastern section of the Shire of Swan. Primary schools within the intake area include Chidlow, Sawyers Valley, Wooroloo, Parkerville, Mount Helena, Glen Forrest, Darlington and Gidgegannup. Eastern Hills SHS has approximately 960 students and over 100 staff. We are a diverse and well regarded school with an increasing profile.
Eastern Hills SHS includes a modern Science centre, Visual Arts, Design and Technology, Gymnasium, swimming pool and modern Music Auditorium. The school's grounds have a pleasant amenity including expansive playing fields and courts.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandra Myles, Human Resources Officer, by telephoning (08) 9573 0300 or emailing Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: