Job Title : Home Economics Assistant
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS672836
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.56FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Are you a dedicated, motivated and enthusiastic person who wishes to join a team committed to supporting staff and students?
Duncraig Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious Home Economics Assistant to join their highly skilled and experienced staff. As a growing school, we are expanding students into our Home Economics program with possible extension into 2022 and beyond.
As a Home Economics Assistant, your responsibilities include assisting the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers, and under teacher direction, the implementation of individual or small group programs. In addition, you will provide assistance with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations as well as facilitating the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
As the successful applicant, you will be required to possess sound communication skills in order to work effectively within a team environment and be able to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals on a regular basis. It is also a requirement of this position for successful applicants to have sound organisations skills so as to provide assistance with the management of resources by maintaining and updating inventory lists, monitoring stock levels and requirements, and report these matters to the teacher.
At Duncraig SHS we present a very collegiate and supportive team of staff committed to the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning programs and outstanding pastoral care who are dedicated to the success of all students. DSHS is situated in the north-western suburbs on the coastal strip 18km from Perth. We cater for students from Year 7 to Year 12 and are a school of high standards where the care and progress of every child is the first priority. We continue to improve our resources and facilities through the support of our Board, our parent body and the Education Department. Duncraig Senior High School is part of a thriving community where students have a voice and regularly return to continue their engagement.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: