Project Development Manager
Australia - New South Wales, Sydney - AU
AECOM Project and Construction Management is a team of client-side Project and Construction Management specialists who operate across diverse and complex construction projects from concept to completion.
Our client-centric approach ensures we manage projects closely with clients and in their best interests, while providing key support and advisory services across Defence, Infrastructure, Healthcare, Education, Mining, Power and Energy construction projects.
This is a fixed-term opportunity for a suitable Project Manager to start immediately and commit to the Easing Sydney's Congestion program until at least December 2020 while working closely with RMS and State Government stakeholders on a strategic level.
AECOM Project and Construction Management are currently looking for a proven Project Manager in the major Easing Sydney's Congestion program to typically work across the business case phase of project development.
This role would allow a Project Development Manager to exercise their strong understanding of risk management, governance and government investment processes to lead the business case process effectively. Therefore, a good understanding of working in Government frameworks and processes at the earlier life-cycle project phase (strategic/concept) would be strongly desirable.
The Project Development Manager will be focussed in supporting the development and coordination of a successful strategic business case within the rapidly growing transport sector, working closely with the business case writer.
This will start as a fixed-term opportunity, ideally starting in January 2020 and running initially until December 2020, with a strong view of further work.
As a successful Project Development Manager on our Easing Sydney's Congestion program, you will be able to provide evidence of;
- Bachelor's Degree in construction, Engineering or similar discipline
- Demonstrated experience and good understanding in documentation of plans and frameworks (risk management, change management, governance etc)
- Demonstrated ability to be organised and work within business case development stage, supporting various stakeholders and showing a clear understanding of business processes and frameworks in project development
- High level communication skills with the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people at all levels and demonstrated capability to develop flexible and workable solutions to meet Roads and Maritime (client) expectations
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the support or preparation of business case development
- Proven high level project management skills, strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills with demonstrated initiative and flexibility.
- Prior RMS or State Government transport project exposure is highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in the support or preparation of business case development within transport and transport technology projects (highly regarded).
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 234883BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: