Senior Child Protection Worker
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
East Perth, WA
The Department of Communities brings together the services and functions of disability services, child protection and family support, housing, community initiatives and regional services reform.
The pool will be utilised in the Statewide Referral and Response Service to fill Senior Child Protection Worker vacancies that arise in the Central Intake Unit (Standard hours 8.30 am to 4.30 pm), Crisis Care (Shiftwork) and may lead to training and opportunity to work in the ChildFIRST team.
Please note: The Statewide Referral and Response Service is centrally based in Royal Street, East Perth and will not be moving to Fremantle.
As a Senior Child Protection Worker you will work in the areas of child protection, children in care and family support and is responsible for:
- Responding to concerns regarding the safety and wellbeing of children and applying the provisions of the Children and Community Services Act 2004.
- Taking legal action to promote the safety and wellbeing of children where necessary.
- Undertaking case work activities of a complex nature.
- Providing services to children placed in the care of the CEO.
- Providing advice and expertise to District staff on the child safety and protection issues.
- Assisting and planning with District staff and others to develop community and family capacity to provide a safe environment for children and other vulnerable people.
- Developing and maintaining a high degree of knowledge and skills in providing services and supports to families and communities to enhance the safety and wellbeing of children and other vulnerable members of the community.
- Investigating serious concerns about the welfare and safety of children and taking action appropriate to the situation.
The attached Job Description Form (JDF) provides more information about the position. For further information we encourage you to contact Caroline Richardson, Assistant District Director, Statewide Referral and Response Service on (08) 9223 1176.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which appointments will be made for this or similar future vacancies (fixed term or permanent) that arise within the next 12 months across the Department of Communities.
You cannot be considered for this position unless you have a completed university degree in:
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Psychology or
- relevant Human Services area.
NOTE: If you have a relevant Human Services qualification you will need to supply unit descriptions/summaries for assessment against the Qualifications Framework.
All overseas qualifications must be assessed for Australian equivalency. Each qualification must be assessed individually, and the assessment must confirm the equivalent Australian qualification level (i.e. equivalent to a Bachelors or Masters degree). This assessment can be conducted by Overseas Qualification Unit, AEI-NOOSR or AASW, and the outcome evidence provided at the time of applying.
To find out more information on the qualifications required for this role, visit our website.
Join the Department of Communities
Apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button (above and below) and provide the following documents in Word or PDF format only:
- A current resume/CV
- A 2 page written application addressing all essential selection criteria as stated on the JDF
- A copy of your degree certificate and academic transcript (plus unit descriptors and/or overseas qualification assessment if applicable)
- An application form (for hard copy applications only)
For technical difficulties while applying online or general recruitment enquiries please contact Sandra Fitzpatrick, Senior HR Consultant on 0466 954 641.
Equity and Diversity
The Department of Communities embraces diversity and firmly believes that the best services come from a workplace, where varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged every day. We are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workforce, where we encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds women and youth.
Lodgement is system generated, any submissions on or after 4:00pm will not be accepted
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
-Child Protection Qualification Framework.pdf
-Information for Applicants.docx
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: